Terms And Conditions.
Rights, Terms, and Conditions on Use of Website:
CONDITIONS OF SALE
1. Prices are subject to alteration without previous notice. Goods and services will be charged at the price last ruling at the date of despatch.
2. The prices quoted are exclusive of VAT which will be charged at the current applicable rate at the time of despatch.
3. Terms are 30 days nett from date of invoice. A service charge of 1.5% per month may be charged on accounts which remain unpaid 30 days after the due date.
4. All carriage, packaging and insurance charges will be invoiced at cost. The purchaser shall be responsible for ensuring the presence at the premises nominated for delivery, of a person authorised to receive and sign for goods.
5. The risk in goods will pass to the purchaser upon delivery thereof to the premises nominated by the purchaser provided that:-
(I) The purchaser shall notify the Company and the carrier by telephone within 24 hours of delivery of any loss, shortage or damage to the goods received. Such notification to be confirmed in each case by letter despatched by first class post not later than the day following delivery.
(II) In the event of non-delivery of the goods, the purchaser shall notify the Company and the carrier of such non-delivery by telephone not later than the fourteenth day after the date of the relevant invoice. Such notification to be confirmed in each case by letter despatched by first class post the same day.
If the purchaser shall fail to make such notification (whether by reason of his failure to carry out an inspection of the goods in sufficient time or for any other reason) the Company shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss, shortage or damage to the goods howsoever occurring and the purchaser shall remain liable to pay the full price and carriage costs for goods so lost, incomplete or damaged.
6. If the purchaser shall make any default in paying any sum to the Company as and when it becomes due or if he shall have distress of execution levied on any of his goods or property or if he shall make or offer to make any arrangement or composition with creditors or if he shall commit any act of bankruptcy or have a petition presented against him, or if, being a limited company, any resolution or petition to wind up the purchaser (other than for the purpose of reconstruction, or amalgamation without solvency), shall be passed or presented, or if a Receiver shall be appointed over the whole or any part of the Purchaser's business, all sums owing by the purchaser to the Company become immediately due and payable (plus service charge thereon) and the Company shall have the right forthwith to withhold all further deliveries of goods or to determine any contract then subsisting between the Company and the purchaser. Such determination shall give rise to no liability whatsoever on the Company's part but shall be without prejudice to the Company's right to payment in respect of manufacturing or other work already carried out or goods already delivered.
7. Except as provided in this clause goods are supplied with the benefit of all conditions and warranties which are implied by statute from time to time, provided that the Company:-
(I) shall not be liable for any consequential damages or expenses or any liability to third parties incurred by the purchaser and
(II) shall be under no liability whatsoever to the purchaser in respect of any goods sold as "imperfect" or under any similar description. Nothing in the aforesaid proviso shall apply to the terms implied by Section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1893 (as amended).
(III) Should equipment fail during the guarantee period, the Company reserve the right to either replace or repair the unit.
(IV) If the goods are not used or serviced in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions, then the guarantee is null and void.
(V) Normal wear and tear on parts such as motor brushes, chucks, bearings, muffles and hearing plate are not covered by guarantee unless otherwise stated.
8. The purchaser shall not be entitled to withhold payment of any sums after they have become due by reason of any right of set off or counter claim which the purchaser may have or allege or for any reason whatsoever.
9. Save as provided on Clause 7 above, the Company will not accept the return of any goods to it unless such return has received its prior written approval. Subject to the foregoing goods which are returned for credit owing to error on the part of the purchaser will be credited at 80% of the original invoice price provided that the goods are in perfect condition. If they are not in perfect condition (as to which matter the Company will be the sole judge) they will be credited at their used value.
10. All drawings, illustrations, descriptions and specifications in the Company's catalogues, price lists and other advertising material are intended to give no more than a general idea of the goods sold by the Company and such information is not intended to be and shall not be relied upon as giving a precise description of any goods nor as being a representative as to any matter contained therein, nor shall any of it form part of any contract with the purchaser.
11. Goods which are specially ordered by the Company for a customer are not returnable.
12. These terms and conditions and the contract in which they are incorporated shall be governed by English Law.
13. All shortages/damages must be notified by post or fax within 3 days of receipt.
14. Title of goods to remain the Company's until fully paid.
15. All goods for delivery outside the UK will be sold ex works. Skillbond Direct Ltd will arrange carriage and insurances, as Agents.
16. Please be aware that calls may be monitored for training and quality assurance purposes.
Policy Statement for Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment
a) With the introduction of the EU Directive (2002/96/EC) as from January 2007 for Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment, Skillbond Direct Ltd has outsourced its obligation and joined the Valpak Producer Compliance Scheme.
b) Skillbond Direct Ltd is currently registered with the Environment Agency as a Producer. Number: WEE/BK0046SY
c) In accordance with the UK Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE) Regulations Skillbond Direct Ltd now offers additional customer support in the form of a "Take-Back" Scheme for "end-of-life" dental equipment sold by Skillbond Direct Ltd. To comply, customers will be requested to supply equipment serial numbers to verify authenticity.
d) The customer, however, is wholly responsible for the "non-profit making" cost incurred for returning/collecting and safe disposal and, where possible, the recycling of equipment defined as "end-of-life" equipment including historic WEEE (prior to 15th August 1995) to Skillbond Direct Ltd, High Wycombe, Bucks, UK. Historic Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment can only be accepted when sold on a "like-for-like" replacement basis.
e) Equipment returned to Skillbond Direct Ltd will be disposed of/recycled by Valpak in accordance with these regulations with relevant written documentation.
Competition Terms & Conditions
1.1 No purchase or payment is necessary to enter an Skillbond Direct Ltd. competition and copies of Contest Rules are available on request from Skillbond Direct Ltd. (Please e-mail email@example.com)
1.2 Entry and participation in any competition shall be deemed an unconditional acceptance by you of these Terms. All entry instructions and any other specific details relating to the competition or the prizes form part of these Terms.
2.1 You must be ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom. Employees of Skillbond Direct Ltd., their immediate families, press, agencies, sponsors and commercial partners or any other persons directly or indirectly connected with the competition are not eligible to enter any competition.
2.2 Unless otherwise specified, no person may enter a competition more than once.
2.3 You may not enter a competition if, on the date it is announced, you do not conform to the required profile of entrant. For example a competition may be limited by age.
2.4 Unless otherwise stated you must be at least 18 years old, and if requested to do so, provide proof of your age.
2.5 You must provide personal details as reasonably requested to do so by Skillbond Direct Ltd. Refusal to comply will result in disqualification from the contest.
2.6 All decisions of Skillbond Direct Ltd. will be final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into.
2.7 All entries answers must be received by Skillbond Direct Ltd. by the closing date specified in the competition. Answers will be entered automatically upon submission. No responsibility will be taken by Skillbond Direct Ltd. for any answers that are illegible, misdirected, lost for technical or other reasons or received after the closing date.
3.1 If a specified prize becomes unavailable, Skillbond Direct Ltd. may substitute a replacement prize at its absolute discretion. In such an instance, Skillbond Direct Ltd.will endeavour to ensure the substitute prize is of equal or greater value to the original prize. Please allow 28 days for the delivery all prizes.
3.2 Skillbond Direct Ltd., its agencies, affiliates, sponsors and representatives are not responsible for defective prizes or misuse of any prize, or claims, liability, loss or damage arising out of or in connection with any contest promoted by Skillbond Direct Ltd.
3.3 If the winner(s) of the prize cannot be traced after all reasonable efforts having been made by Skillbond Direct Ltd., then Skillbond Direct Ltd.may dispose of the prize as it thinks fit without any liability to the winner(s) for having done so.
3.4 Entry costs (where applicable) are as advertised. Entrants are liable for their costs to access telephone, mobile or computer networks.
3.5 Where prizes are to be provided by a third party then the winner(s) will be required to complete all appropriate or applicable booking or other formalities direct with such provider. Skillbond Direct Ltd. will have no responsibility for the acts or defaults of any other persons.
3.6 Skillbond Direct Ltd. reserves the absolute right to disqualify any entrant to any competition which it considers has used improper technical means to enter.
4. The Contest
4.1 Skillbond Direct Ltd. does not accept responsibility for entries lost, damaged or delayed in transit to the competition address. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt (nor will proof that an email has been sent be accepted as proof it has been received).
4.2 Source material utilised by Skillbond Direct Ltd's question compilers shall be taken as correct.
4.3 Fraudulent, illegible or incorrect entries will not be accepted (at the absolute discretion of Skillbond Direct Ltd.).
4.4 The decision of Skillbond Direct Ltd's judges is final and conclusive in all circumstances and no correspondence will be entered into.
4.5 Skillbond Direct Ltd. may terminate any contest at any time at its absolute discretion. In the event of such termination, Skillbond Direct Ltd. may, at its absolute discretion, elect not to award any prize in respect of the terminated contest.
4.6 All entries become the property of Skillbond Direct Ltd. and will not be returned to you unless otherwise stated.
5.1 Competitors may be required by Skillbond Direct Ltd. to participate in a photo, video and/or film session, and acknowledge that Skillbond Direct Ltd. has the right to use such publicity photos, videos and/or films in any medium and in any reasonable manner it sees fit, unless that person informs Skillbond Direct Ltd. at the time of entering the competition that he or she wishes to retain his or her anonymity.
5.2 Skillbond Direct Ltd. may incorporate information from entrants in any contest in any database to be used for the purpose of its business. Upon entry into a competition a contestant will automatically give permission for use of personal data and this information will be retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act.
6. Skillbond Direct Ltd. - Exclusion of Liability
6.1 Skillbond Direct Ltd. is not liable in any way for any costs, expenses, damages, liability or injury arising out of or in any way connected with the competition or prizes, other than those costs and expenses specifically provided for in the prize (if any). This exclusion does not include any liability for negligence by Skillbond Direct Ltd. or death or personal injury arising out of such negligence.
7.1 These rules shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law.
7.2 Where Skillbond Direct Ltd. has special contest Terms and Conditions in relation to a particular contest, then they (the special terms and conditions) will prevail in the event of inconsistency between those special contest Terms and Conditions and these General Contest Rules.
7.3 Persons under the age of 18 are ineligible to enter any contest where the prize consists of a vehicle or alcohol, or where the Special Contest Terms and Conditions otherwise provide.
7.4 A failure by Skillbond Direct Ltd. to enforce any of these contest rules in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim by any individual.
7.5 Special restrictions or qualifications may apply to particular contests, in which case an addendum to these General Contest Terms and Conditions will be made.
7.6 Skillbond Direct Ltd. may change these General Contest Terms and Conditions at any time.